Precision Measurements and Instruments Corporation continues to grow after its founding in 1991 and provides testing and consulting services to numerous industries around the world. We support companies that are pushing the boundaries of space exploration, automotive advancements, high speed electronics, and more. Our staff strives to thoroughly understand our customers’ needs in order to provide the best customer service and the highest quality testing services.
We know that our employees are our strongest asset. If you are a creative problem-solver who enjoys working independently, but is also a team player, we would like to invite you to review our open job opportunities listed below. If interested in joining the PMIC team, please email HR@pmiclab.com with a cover letter, resume, and any additional information about your qualifications.
Job Posting: Project Engineer 1
The Project Engineer 1 is responsible for providing quality test results for a variety of customer specimens. This highly technical position reports to the Lab Manager and involves physical materials testing, test system design and troubleshooting, data analysis and reporting. In this role the Project Engineer 1 will also interact with the sales team to review quotes for testing services to confirm technical accuracy and feasibility.
• Performs material properties testing to produce measurements for thermal conductivity, thermal expansion, moisture expansion, and other custom or ASTM standard tests
• Manages and drives completion of assigned test contracts including specimen preparation, physical testing, data analysis, and report generation
• Maintains test systems; ensures equipment is properly calibrated and measurements are accurate and repeatable
• Participates in test system design, improvement, and troubleshooting
• Works with the sales team and directly with customers to determine the best solutions for materials testing needs
• Reviews materials testing quotes and provides feedback to the sales team
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering, Materials Science Engineering, Physics, or another relevant field
• Excellent problem-solving and data analysis skills
• Experience creating test procedures from established standards or specification documents
• Comfortable reading datasheets and integrating new components into mechanical and electrical systems
• Demonstrated competency using basic shop tools
• Proficient computer skills and general IT knowledge
• Experience using Excel for data manipulation
• Experience creating mechanical drawings using SolidWorks
• Strong technical writing skills
• Team player, enjoys collaborating with colleagues to find unique solutions to problems
• Positive and professional communication skills
• Ability to frequently operate a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer
• Ability to occasionally converse with PMIC staff and vendors
• Ability to lift up to 25 pounds regularly and up to 50 pounds occasionally
• Ability to move over uneven terrain and position self in confined spaces
• Ability to ascend/descend and work atop ladders
• Ability to inspect, prepare and place test equipment in alignment with complex test setups
• Must be a United States citizen
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to HR@pmiclab.com.