Industrial Materials Testing
PMIC assists the industrial sector in three main areas:
- Comparison testing helps PMIC customers by qualifying the results of different material compositions, manufacturing processes, or finishing processes as they look to finalize a design. Differing material compositions, heat treatments, etc. can impact desired specifications such as thermal expansion, thermal conductivity, and mechanical properties.
- Lot and heat acceptance testing is provided to companies to guarantee that the customer’s material, either as purchased or as manufactured, continues to meet specifications. PMIC provides precision results with quick turnaround times while also taking costs into consideration.
- New materials testing is provided via PMIC’s high-precision test methods to help verify R&D material designs and fill in product datasheets.
PMIC has improved production processes by determining the thermodynamic properties at work during the process. Testing product claims have assisted marketing efforts. Energy efficiency and structural integrity for buildings are the foremost concerns of the construction industry’s selection and development of materials, for which PMIC provides all three types of testing listed above. Long-term effects of moisture changes in production processes and material application make PMIC’s Coefficient of Moisture Expansion testing a critical service.
PMIC frequently tests the following materials (and more) for industrial purposes:
- Loose-fill, batt, blow-in, foam board, denim, wool, and fiberglass insulations
- Piping materials
- Polymers, acrylics, and other plastics
- Glass panes and containers
- Paints and coatings
- Aerogels for pollution reduction
- Metallic alloys
- State-altered compounds
- Waxes and paraffin
- Cosmetics compounds
- Food products and synthetic food products in liquid and solid forms
PMIC frequently helps customers organize large testing plans by combining PMIC services and such services like fire, acoustic, and impact testing through industry contacts. To request a quote or to discuss your testing needs in more detail, please contact us via one of the following methods: go to our inquiry form at https://pmiclab.com/inquire/, call +1 (541) 753-0607, or email email@example.com.